Live Feed from UStream

Monday, May 14, 2012

And still here!

I checked back to last year and fledging took longer than the books say but this is ridiculous!  Maybe tonight.  In the mean time, here is a photo of the owlet looking out yesterday (and no, I do not know why he/she looks yellowish.


And feeding last night included a Cecropia Moth.  I used to raise the large silk moths (Luna, Polyphemus, and Cecropia) but that is not possible with screech owls feeding baby nearby.  A couple of years ago, I caught Papa on top of the mating cage picking off the male moths as they arrived.  Here is proof of the problem from last night:


A nice meal for a young one, and here is a photo of the owlet stretching its wings:


Check in tonight.  It has to leave soon because I have run out of recording space for videos even though I delete most of them!

No comments: